Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sorry, Bros and Libertarians

I've heard Four Loko is now banned in the States. Animated Taiwanese news reports:


Highlights: 0:13, 0:38,

Also related, I perked up when I saw Robin Hanson took notice. I usually perk up when I read his blog. Anyhow, he remarks :
The FDA likes to present itself as a paragon of scientific rigor, but there is no rigor here. No randomized experiments or even careful regressions. Just public pressure to “do something” about vivid examples of “those people” hurting themselves. 
Little remains of the rule of law precept to treat people equally. ... Clearly the goal is to target particular vaguely-imagined classes of people, and regulators would be fine with having the law specify ... whatever it took to get to “them” without overly bothering “us.”
Read his entire post here

On the bright side, I haven't seen any Thanksgiving recipes that required Four Loko as an ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment