Sunday, December 19, 2010

Airport Near my House

Taiwan is becoming more open to general aviation. Prior to arriving, I read about the flying situation on the internet and it looked bleak. Now, I regret leaving my license and logbooks at home.
I found out that there's a small airport in Dapeng Bay, basically my backyard.

It's a one runway (18/36) airfield. The FBO has a fleet of three ultralight aircraft. One really piqued my interest: an Aeroprakt A-22. Its design is similar to the first airplane I ever flew, the Remos G3 light sport. I need to get in that airplane. 

Hopefully, I'll be in the skies soon flying around Dapeng Bay. I plan to offer English lessons and my token whiteness* in exchange for flight time. 

*The Taiwanese like white people and I enjoy very high status here. Having a token white person around gives places face. I'll explain the concept of face in more detail later as I'm still learning the dynamics.

No comments:

Post a Comment