Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bah! Humbug!

I'm less at odds with myself now. A voice inside my head kept saying, "Dude, it's Christmas. You should be feeling homesick, and stuff, wishing to celebrate Christmas in The States. This is only your second away from the family."

After the Kenting trip, my friend and I made rough plans to meet up, cook dinner, and watch Christmas classics. I wanted to appease the do-Christmas-stuff voice inside my head. But Christmas has come quickly and it's less than a week away. Now, I'm kinda cringing at the idea of spending money to hastily celebrate. Orchestrating everything isn't my strong suite -that's what other people, like grandmas, are for.

Anyhow, it just feels like a boon. So why force it? I don't really feel like doing anything Christmasy for Christmas and that's fine.

I thought I had to. I don't. I thought I would feel a void if I wasn't doing something(symbolic) to celebrate the holiday. I won't.

Glad I've finally self-actualized and convinced myself it's cool to do what makes me happy. 

My Christmas will be best spent paragliding in a Santa costume I'll borrow from my school. 

Making choices independent of obligation kicks ass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment