Monday, January 17, 2011

Guilty Pleasure - Rap Covers

I like listening to rap covered in non-rap genres. Don't drink the hatorade.

Hugo's "99 Problems" and Lissie's "Pursuit of Happiness" are my favorites. They both skip the kitsch and crank out songs that really really really work. I hear them and think, "wow!" Then I'll even mouth, "wow!" to myself and nod my head a little to reaffirm the prior approval. Hands down, my two favorites:

Hugo cover of "99 Problems" by Jay Z


Lissie cover of "Pursuit of Happiness" by Kid Cudi


Told you.

The following are more of a ploy but still worth a listen if you have some time to kill or are trying to force a "rap cover" playlist.

Ben Folds cover of "Bitches Ain't Shit" by Dr. Dre


some bluegrass

The Gourds cover of "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg


Emmett and the Black Mountain Scorpion Bluegrass Experience Gang cover "Get Low" by Lil Jon


and lastly...

Spoken word cover of "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg (bc you need to chill after so much awesome)

No comments:

Post a Comment